How to add links and SEO-enhancing captions to Images
Sometimes, you need to add a little something extra to the already great images on your site. This article will review how to add both links and captions to pictures.
First, go ahead and add the image of your choosing. Once you have done so:
To add a link:
Links allow your clients to click on an image and open a different page, where they can learn more about the contents of that image. If you would like to link an image logo to an external site, or if you would like to link an image to a different page on your site (e.g., the “Services” section), then you’ve come to the right place!
- Copy the URL of the website you would like to link
2. Click on the image you’d like to add a link to
3. From the editing options that appear on the left, scroll down and choose “Page URL”
- Our image of choice. Let’s learn how to link it using your dashboard.
4. Paste the URL into the text box
5. ALWAYS select “Open in New Window”
- This will keep your site open as clients navigate the links you provide so that they can easily return to your website when done browsing.
6. Finally, hit “Save” and then “Publish” in the upper right corner
To add a caption:
Captions are a great way to increase traffic to your website. When you add a caption to your image, search engines are able to quickly scan for these keywords and bring potential clients directly to the services they’re looking for.
- Click on the image you’d like to add a caption to
2. On the left-hand side, look for the box titled, “Image Caption”
3. Type or paste your desired caption into the box
4. Hit “Save” and “Publish” in the upper right corner
And viola! Now your images will be multifunctional. Website visitors can click on them to learn more, and your images will be more likely to catch the attention of search engines–and clients.